Monday, May 14, 2012

Hand and Printer Text

Finally.... following Main Street ( a mere 8 feet in length)... comes U.S.A. This took a while (each letter is almost 18 inches high), but it was worth it.
Now to get printed text for town names. I used letter size 8 1/2 x 11 freezer paper (C. Jenkins Freezer Paper Sheets)click here to find these available at softexpessions.com. After ironing fabric to the freezer paper sheets I then trimmed to paper size. I ran these through my lazer printer using Microsoft WORD to create the printable text boxes. Remember, if you use a laser printer... fabric side goes in to the paper tray FACE UP.. directly opposite to Ink Jet printers by HP. One sheet in the tray per print request... just like you would do for an ink jet. Trying to load more than one sheet easily results in a JAM!
I let the fabric sheets sit for several minutes before pulling off the fabric from the freezer paper sheets. Even though the toner was dry, I heat set on a dry cotton setting before trimming to ultimate size to be appliqued to the big maps.

No comments: