Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Using a similar process as previously addressed on bricks, I have added light and darker concrete colors on the stoop on which these 2 sit. I've now got the "big picture" complete and can begin a critical review process to determine 'tweaks' needed here and there.
(c) image copyright ... Remember that I was by circumstances painting this piece on a round table with a smaller diameter than the width of this piece??? That means I couldn't ( as I painted) see both brick walls at the same time. NOW...The first thing I can see when I get this laid out completely flat is that the brick values on either side of the door would better serve the central image if a little darker. I even think a more brown... slightly muddier look might be good. I think they look fine as walls alone.. but they aren't there to be the image of note.. they are there to frame the young girls... so a darker value would keep pushing your eye inward to the center where the young girls rest.

2 comments:

Sewgirl said...

I think it looks great just the way it is! My eye is immediately drawn to those two sweet girls!

Patt Blair said...

Thanks sewgirl... this will be minor tweaking.... I'll try not to overthink it! ;-)