Friday, October 15, 2010

Aloha to new Hawaii quilting friends

What a great time I had on this round trip from San Pedro, Ca. 14 day cruise to Hawaii. 4 days at sea each direction with 3 days of available classes each direction.. ( ie 6 classes if desired). I met many wonderful people from all over the country. Some of my new buddies are L-R Rachel from a small island off the coast of Maine, Marie Strait ( fellow teacher ): Northern Ca., Nancy : Arizona, Ernestine :St Louis, Mo, and Juanell : Northen Cal.

Needless to say we found fabric stores and shopped on every visited island. Nancy looks happy, yes?!
Rachel bought a dozen or more hawaiian fabric fat quarters.
My roomie Ernestine is a smart shopper making thoughtful buying decisions.
Then there is muah... who usually paints her own fabric. Despite this....I was often the shopping winner daily. I look at fabric as art... if it is beautiful on it's own, I must have it. I know there are many of you out there like me. :-) YES?!

No comments: