Sunday, June 17, 2012

California here I come...

At last, I can begin the final panel for the Route 66 traveling exhibition. Painting a giant Route 66 map seems like all I've done since Late April so I'm looking forward to this one. First I review the map locations/cities artists had pre indicated an interest in representing. So again a long paper roll came out using pencil drawings, then permanent marker over final drawing by location. The prepared fabric atop and here we go. Again moving from east border of the state heading toward the Pacific Ocean, I did a quick representation of the Mojave Desert National Reserve.. specifically Kelso Sand Dunes because they are so danged artistic. Beautiful dunes. Moving west thru the town of Amboy to"Roy's" famous diner. These images are around 6 inches high on the road map also containing city names. They are intended to help exhibit viewers identify the location the larger accompanying quilts represent.

No comments: