Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Weekend to Sew.

Therapy at last.  I got 2 1/2 days of time in Temecula, Ca at Vina Lestonnac.. a favorite retreat of quilters.   Okay.. this is a beautiful place surrounded by vineyards and horse ranches.

Thanks to my hubbys daughter and some friends who checked in on him, took him to church, etc.... I got to take care of Me for a couple days. HEAVEN....
This is the third block of 9 from the QN My Christmas Album pattern... I stayed true to the pattern but admit I wasn't crazy about this  one so I used a variety of fabrics  to avoid being serious about this vase of poinsettias. .

Then came ornaments....  made in kind of a color wheel orientation for me. You can see I'm not feeling bound by a Christmas color scheme. 
Then Candy Canes. Why go strictly red and white? 
LET THERE BE LIGHTS!!
and HOLLY!
Egads... these snowflakes took forever. 
I've started laying out the sweater borders but had one more block to finish.  
These LITTLE gingerbread guys took a long time. 

and finally... the big picture is done.... using every bold color possible. 
I made this for fun... along with other members of my friendship group the Wanabe Quilters of Orange County Ca.  I can't wait to see everyones put together. For once, I'm a couple months early. 
yeah... a sense of completion.... at least until I'm able to quilt it. 


No comments: