Saturday, January 31, 2015

A Definite "Bit of Bliss"

'Bit of Bliss' is the pattern name for this BOM Block/Pattern 1 of 12 (by Pearl Louise Design). It's a pretty darn cute pattern. Some members of my Friendship group are starting this BOM pattern in February (each interpreting their own way). Mine is already looking way different than the patterns photos, and even different than the one I saw in a classroom.  It should be fun to see them develop over the next year. As you can guess from this first block, I'm thinking fresh black and white prints will be regularly involved.... fun polka dot or similar fabrics. Hard to see here, but I chose a Sew Batik background of their near white batik (Very soft lavenders and blues show up here and there).
click on photos for enlarged view
I have some art quilt projects I'm working on too, so I will be fusing this one rather than needle turn.
Love this birdie!

No comments: