First participants chose from a mixture of patterns I brought! They selected amongst several head/jawline shapes, hair styles, sets of eyes, nose, lips, glasses.
Selections made and followed by cut and paste to chosen head shape. Yeah.. we made a person in a matter of minutes. Now to ink!
The order of things on this piece.. After placing a skin tone fabric over the drawing... ( benartex fabric apple butter color #1) we moved on...
1)Using Fabrico 152 marker... outline eye area leaving bottom center w/o a line.
2) Block in color of eyes, a black marker places a small C as a pupil. (We'll add white highlites later)
3) The upper eyelid warrants a darker line .. i.e sort of an eyeliner.
4) Using rubbed down ink no. 52 (sand) .. apply very light contour on face, neck.
5) draw in hairline with marker -# 152 sand in this case)
6) I like to outline clothing and maybe earrings at this stage too.
7) I used Fabrico marker #157 to outline her lips ( ash rose)
Admittedly .. she's a bit ghost-like now so let's keep going.
7) I've added some #33 pink cheek blush ( go VERY light here)
8) Filled in lips with no. 57 ash rose... got it dry, and added a highlite on the lower lip.
I've done 2 things here...
9) added some #53 autumn leaf (very very dry brush rubbed) to warm up the dirty look of # 52 shading on her face.
10) Blocked in #53 Autums leaf as hair.
I've now addes
11) some darker shadows in hair ( #55) truffle and some small amounts of dry brush no 11 ( yellow)
12) Lets block in clothing.... No. 33 rose pink on her collar
No 20... Lagoon on her shirt.
13) Once the eyes are dry, drop in highlites (#80 bottled ink)
14) I added merely an inference of eyelashes on the upper lid
15) a dry brush dot of pink at the inner edge of the eye
16) a very thin sketchy outline of glasses in red made them look more finished.
I think we're done with this fun!
Happy Quilting All...
Off to Sunday Church!!!