Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What a time to be writing!



It seemed like a good idea at the time I committed to this. I'm actually having fun but 'am a lil stressed meeting the holiday and business commitments. I'm working on an article about choosing thread colors to make your quilt top convey the message you want. This thread choice is a topic big enough for a book (maybe someday), but I'm focusing on complementary colors for this part. The article will be quite in depth but the basic message for what I'm showing here is that one can use a complementary color to the fabric color to create a bit of interest, excitement... let's call it a "lift" for the fabric color underneath. So if we consider the center of the thread stacks value to be an example color of a fabric... (let's just say the center red as example) than to add excitement to that red fabric... (if that's your intention) you might quilt atop that red with an equal or lighter value green to make that part of a quilt stand up and take notice. I'll likely add examples as I work on this, but didn't want you all to think I was completely taking the holidays off! :-)

No comments: