Saturday, April 22, 2017

Beautiful Work by Temecula Retreat Pals

Yes all are artists now even if  they never painted before.... Carole
 These  below.. originated from my newest 'optional class drawing'  " Gotta Be Me"   there were several done... each with different "painted" 30s/40s fabrics . Everyone had fun  playing with the painted quilt. It was a  relaxing process and a great intro to "inking" on fabric.  I was on the move and  didn't catch photos of all so I'm "thinking" the one below is Gloria Mauno's.  

 This one I believe is Lisa Bigelows
This is the second of Elaine Swatnicki's who challenged herself to paint a different blue bird  she sees around her home.  
Lisa also tackled ( first project) my tiger eyes drawing/painting. She painted every bit of this piece....

For Linda,,, she came with this photo

and created this painting... Way cool! 
Carole 
had previously taken a photo of this  now painted lake/bridge... That sky will be FUN to quilt!!!  ENVY ENVY!!! 
 Other Carol's photo 
and her painting with changes that fostered even greater  interest. 

Karmens Tinker Bell (English Bulldog)  in progress ( ;-) 
 At a Costa Rican sanctuary, Miyo photographed her Mom holding/ hugging a baby sloth 


and Miyo's sweet-faced sloth is certainly true to life ...  This piece demanded so much patience... Big Kudos to Miyo. SOO much negative space painting as these are transparent inks. 
Jan's business trip complete with an unexpected snow storm prompted a unplanned but necessary purchase of "Man Boots"  She took this photo herself .... of her own foot.  That would be an interesting picture too. ;-)
Das Boot! 
                                  A fast and furious Portrait demo Monday evening.
"SOMETHING" happened to  other pictures taken... or at least I thought I had taken! rats!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had the time of my life! Can't wait until next year. Already thinking about how I can incorporate a painting into a Christmas Quilt that will be an opportunity wall hanging to support the quilt ministry I just inherited at our church. Love love love the process! And you were a wonderful teacher! Be blessed!

Patt Blair said...

Thank You Elaine... You do great work. I look forward to next time. ;-D Patt