Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Unwanted visitor


Crimanee.... for those that think living in the mountains is exciting... it is! Fear is a form of excitement isn't it? EEEK... today.... one of these little buggers walked thru the front door and into the living room. I've lived here 2 years now and this is the first tarantula I've seen this high up the mountain. I live at 4500 feet, but previously only spotted them on the road at about 1500 feet elevation. Needless to say, I haven't caught my breath even yet. The workers that were installing the new living room floor were even more excited and hoped I'd save them. Fat Chance! Fortunately, one of the guys pride overtook his fear and he scooted the spider back outside. I asked them to keep the screen door closed hence forth. I wonder if I really could live at my flatland studio???.... with NO TARANTULAS!

No comments: