Thursday, June 10, 2010

Beautiful First Ever Effort



Look at this lovely portrait of this painters daughter. Shh... It's a surprise, so I won't mention names! This is a fairly large piece so not quite finished. It was a big challenge in that the original photo was not as clearly focused as a portrait painter would like. But I think it's pulled off well!

This has been a very productive (albeit not in quilting) week. House cleaned out to 2 garage sales, and 4 loads to a Rummage sale.... and best of all, I finally got my piano disc piano hooked up and finished my work around the house listening to the piano score from Phantom of The Opera and Porgy and Bess. Wonderful! Hubby will be home from Azerbaijan Saturday evening, so today, a gal pal and I are headed for 2 days in Palm Springs. Yeah. Have a great weekend all!

No comments: