Monday, July 9, 2012

A New Journey Begins

Over the years I have become attracted to the work of a well known photographer from the U.S. Through a mutual financial arrangement, the photographer has given me permission to create an art quilt interpretation of one of his photos. His original image is copy written so won't be seen here but my piece will and will also be considered under copyright protection. I begin with a contour black and white drawing laid underneath my fabric. I am in Mexico ( as were these 2 young subjects) and I am on the shore with some humidity... so I will begin with a 'base' coat of light value skin tone which when good and dry will be overpainted with warm hispanic skin values/colors. Let's go! It doesn't look like much today... but tomorrow will start to reveal their hearts.

No comments: