Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Worn and Colorful Door

The lower half of the entry door, in front of which the girls sit, seems a good representation of their village life. The door is worn but brightly colored. I love the colors of the Mexican culture. This will be a challenge to interpret and I'm already thinking about how to quilt a WORN DOOR. Oh joy! I have often said, after the big picture idea and the start of a piece, art is largely problem solving. So be it... it's kind of like life.
This will take some time to paint and I suspect even more to quilt with the 'perfect threads' yet to be found/purchased.
You've likely noticed I am painting this larger than the table piece on a round tabletop. I'm out of the country in an uncontrolled environment , so we just manage. ;-) I brought a large light plastic tablecloth with me, taped the underneath drawing and the top fabric to it. This way I can move the overall project around without disturbing any layer.

1 comment:

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

The texture you are creating is awesome, the door and bricks are alive with detail, the faces are pure innocence. Love it all, it will be interesting to see how quilting it adds more life and texture.