Monday, May 27, 2013

Painted Quilt Art in Temecula - May 2013

Every May since 2008, I've hosted a Painted Quilt Art Retreat in Temecula Ca. Wine and Horse country.  This May produced lots of great work ( what a talented group!!!).  So many worked on large projects this year... That tells me confidence is building .. yeah.  I captured only a few photos on the last day... Dang!  I was hoppin' this year.   Please consider all the following painted images as copy written.  Many thanks to all who attended.. including this cute little bunny outside our classrooms

Diane Hansen ( Chandler AZ) had exclusive approval from a European fairy artist to interpret this piece on fabric. Diane has since completed the outer borders and very likely has the quilt top in quilting mode.  Diane is definitely focused and had a joyful time creating this piece.

 (c) original image under copywrite

Cinde Ebbe is one of the most detailed artists I've met.  You might appreciate this 'Audibon quality' work by clicking on the photo for enlarged view.   Cindy's patience and attention to the smallest detail works perfect in creating such a refined piece. 

 I love the playful/colorful approach to Dee Dee Kelley's in-progress surfboard work.   It actually takes hard work to create this loose fresh feeling.  You are seeing a black and white line drawing appearing through the upper half of the image... and ofcourse the closeup glasses atop the yet to be painted fabric.
A couple photos I took of other work was a bit blurry so not shown... sorry all.   The doors are open to registering for 2014. See the Patts Retreats link on the left.
Attendees... please send me a pic of your finished painting... I'll gladly brag about your work. ;-)

No comments: