Monday, November 4, 2013

Home From Houston...Tired but Happy!!!

What an incredible week at Houston.... teaching 4 classes plus a lecture . It was all good!!!!
My small "Winters Veil " piece  took first place in the art painted surface category.  I was both shocked and excited.  


Now to unpack and do laundry, put things away.  By the way.. here are a couple of my favorites from the show.   My overall favorite.. "WIND"... a miniature won a $5000 award. So exciting and well deserved... and it was done by a gentleman quilter from Japan. 
Best Of Show! $10K winner
For quilting... This piece by Helen Godden of Australia 'knocked me out." It's both creative and PRECISE!!!!!   click on photo for enlarged view. 
 detail     
Beautiful!
There ofcourse were hundreds of beautiful quilts though I had little time to see and photograph .  Congratulations to all including my friend Vicki Bohnhoff who stole the awards ceremony show with her surprise and joy in receiving her 1st place ribbon for "Roo"

No comments: