Friday, August 5, 2016

Curves Atop Squares

I swear, I have quilted a bunch of disappearing nine patch quilts... 'This I think the last for a while.
There were so many right angles in this quilt that I thought curves with a little order might enhance the quilt.  I chose "Splendor" by Karen Thompson I think.  Pretty!  Click on photos for enlarged images
 This is the motif repeated  and offset one above another  on each row. Bright fabrics are Modas mixology line sold off the bolt and in charm packs .
This was fun to do though I admit I'm anxious to do some  more custom work now.  See Patt Blair Quilting Link on side bar or click here.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

The quilting does enhance this quilt! Nicely done! As usual!!

DianaB3 said...

Hi there Patt,
I love this quilt! I need to make a baby quilt, maybe I'll try this pattern. I've never tried one. I like your curved quilting too. I think I'll try with "Me and My Sister's" fabric. They have such pretty vibrant pastels. I also can't wait to start another photo art quilt with the inks too!!

Have a great Day!
Diana from Temecula class (Last May) :-)