Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ecuador, Here I Come!


Here we go... I'm just about packed and ready to head out to the airport later today. I'm taking lots of camera equipment as I hope to return with many subjects as possible art pieces. I hear Ecuador is beautiful. Two weeks of baby care at a childrens orphanage. I feel so fortunate to get to do this work. Dunnoh that I will get too many pics posted while there but we'll see. I'll be back on June 27th. If inclined, please include Ray and I in your prayers. I expect all will go fine, but love the good support thoughts as well.

We'll be serving at For His Children orphanage as referenced in the preceeding posting. Wish us luck and hope we don't get altitude sickness. This is ONE HIGH PLACE we are headed.

San Francisco de Quito, most often called Quito, is the capital city of Ecuador in northwestern South America. With a population of 1,397,698, Quito is the second most populous city in Ecuador. The elevation of the city's central square is 9,350 ft, making Quito the second-highest administrative capital city in the world. The highest : La Paz, Bolivia.

No comments: