Thursday, March 3, 2011

Setting The Table

I started this just for fun piece long ago requesting each member of my "Wanabe Quilters" friendship group to select face shape, hair, clothing to be cut out and fused to a block I would later ink in their facial features. Since we 'dine' at monthly meetings ( a meeting highlight), the Quilt Title is "Wanabe Dining" describing both the group and our ongoing desire. :-)
I had also asked each member for a piece of signature fabric ( whatever that meant to them) to place on their plate at this quilted luncheon. Finally, well after the quilting and binding, I am tackling the addition of napkins atop photographed silver Nordstroms boxes often used by this group to store UFO's.

Each Quilter now dines with their own napkin in their place setting.


I'll be teaching "Fun Faces in Ink"... a fully painted (ink'd) project with Calico House, Anaheim, Ca. ( July 23rd), and on the Fiber Arts Cruise to Alaska ( posted earlier and also seen on link on the left side of this blog for Current News).

No comments: