Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A Family Memory

First "project in Sedona" to complete is quilting this first time painting by a male friend from my church.  Phil attended my Painted Quilt Art Retreat  in May (see link at top left for info for 2015 retreat) , but does not quilt.  He's a wonderful servant to humanity so I am quilting this for him. This is a small  art quilt piece (about 17" x 21") of grandchildren playing together in shallow waters of June Lake, California.  Here we go...  I first secured central figures with monofilament...

ALOT of water to quilt. 
Phil had only one request.. please some sparkle in the water. I chose 2. One a subtle pale sea foam green/blue by Yenmet... and a multi color Sulky metallic line called SLIVER! ( it's flat) This is a challenge of sorts for me as I seldom like or use metallic threads but it does indeed work here. 
The Sulky "Sliver " used sparingly  adds the little bit of sparkle that Phil wanted. 
I get to take a break and relax so will finish tomorrow.  Happy vacation! 

1 comment:

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

I love the Sliver thread by Sulky, I have NEVER had a problem with it in my machine. No kinking or breakage at all, just smooth sailing. I love the clear Holographic one, it adds shimmer without adding color. It seems to pick up whatever color is around it.