Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where is that DAY Stretcher???

Anyone remember those stretcher frames we used to put our freshly washed jeans on.... so we'd get nice creases front and back? I wonder if someone makes a DAY stretcher for this time of year. I need one... we'll we probably all do this one week before Christmas.
Last night, I made 4 Christmas flannel pillowcases for grandkids... and must mail some today ( some live in Colorado and New Jersey... SOOOOOO Far!) :-( I added notes suggesting these snuggly pillowcases would provide a great nights sleep on Christmas Eve.
Today, I finished the binding and label on a secret pal gift for my Friendship Group.. the Wanabe Quilters. Believe me, they ARE quilters.... the group began 20 years ago and has most of it's original members. I came along much later and have to catch up with this talented crew. So, what do I make for my secret pal who is an expert applique queen, and precision piecer? Ofcourse, something I'm not all that good at.... A pieced/appliqued quilt. This baby is called FROG CABIN.. ie.. not quite a real log cabin block plus an extremely large frog (a creature fancied by my secret pal)

Now to quilting....I'm also not a stencil user, but a traditional quilt calls for some... so I gave it a shot. For the frog, I thought the fabric was my built in quilting pattern. Following the plan already in the fabric is sometimes the perfect choice. Click on pics for closeup.

Can't wait to see if she likes it.

No comments: