Thursday, July 22, 2010

Usually Painful Paperwork is FUN today

Oh it is nice to be home to my studio! Great news awaited me. My "In Quito's Market" art quilt has been accepted to IQA Houston this fall, PLUS I received a request for early shipping as IQA is hoping to include this piece in their annual Quilt Scene magazine. That said, the accompanying paperwork is prepared and shipping required shortly. (Full image shown on May 12th posting titled "Prepping For Houston." )

Oh yeah.. I had to first get the sleeve and label on. I make my labels in Microsoft Powerpoint. Basically... My label is a printed slide. Powerpoint is very flexible and pretty easy so I love it. It is also a great way to keep a record of the quilt, including the artist statement, construction details, etc. In this case, I chose a gradated background that ranged from light grey to dark charcoal. I've put so much time into this quilt that it seems details on even the label are important, so I used both a light and dark value thread to applique it onto the quilt back.
click on photo for enlargement and readability
(c) copyrighted image

2 comments:

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Patt Blair said...

Hey Barbara.. thanks for the nice words.... Keep playing!!!! patt