Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Father Christmas Ready to quilt!!

My basket passing roundabout quilt top is finally finished and ready for quilting.  Some may recall I have a fun friendship quilting group that monthly meets and takes a project from another quilter and works on their project for a month.  At the end of a year... the originator gets their basket back to finish it up.  At the beginning of 2012, I created a central  image of a Father Christmas free motioned machine embroidery for a user designed roundabout. All I did after the Embroidery was provide washed/"Retayned" red and white fabrics, and put the final border on it.  The rest of the design came from my friends.  So it finally is bordered and ready to be quilted.  I've wanted a red and white quilt for a long time so 'am mighty happy it has finally arrived.  I'm out of town (Sedona, AZ)  finishing so no design wall to photograph on.  Click on photo for an enlarged view.

No comments: