Friday, April 24, 2009

Arizona Highways




There is a justifiable reason for a magazine titled Arizona Highways. My Gosh... what a beautiful and interesting drive! The moment I crossed the California / Arizona border, the landscape changed. Ragged dark mountains likened to a smaller high desert version of the Grand Tetons came into view. Dramatic Ocotillo plants dotted the roadside while incredibly interesting road or points of interest names began to appear... The "Lllavar Basin" ( yes 3 Ls), a road named.."The 5 Mile Road", and another named "Bad Dog Road."
I passed by Restaurants named the Roadhouse Grill, another named the Roadhouse Steakhouse and started to get hungry. I thought I might stop for lunch at the next Roadhouse but changed my mind when I looked more closely at the sign.

No comments: