Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update on a Snippet of new ideas

Blogger reader Susan asked a couple questions about last weeks post on this subject so I'll post the answers here.
The questions were about what kind of pencils to use and where one finds textile medium. I'll first note, I'm not an expert on this subject but can give a partial answer and more importantly give credit to and refer interested readers to the author of a book on this subject. The book... Quilts of a Different Color authored by Irena Bluhm. . I'll note here what pencils I used for the sample floral posted last week These KOH-I-NOOR pencils can be found at Michaels plus other places I'm sure. I'm certain other types of pencils will work, but I like the broad angle of the pencil tip on these as they are woodless... and I like using the side of the pencil to softly shadow. Fabric or textile medium can be found pretty much anywhere acrylic paints are sold.... The one you see here was found in an art store, but you would also find textile medium in an art or craft section at someplace like Michaels. Hope that helps. I can't wait to play with this technique.

No comments: