Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So much Kelp!!

I haven't even started on the right side of the dragon, but I have finished tackling the multiple strands/varieties of seaweed on the left. I have chosen different patterns/color changes in both the original painting as well at thread. I get bored easily so why wouldn't a viewer?!?!
Some variety in color added 'between' the quilted furrows seemed to work here too. I often say.." I know I'm done painting when I finally quit!" It's not terribly uncommon that after quilting is done, I make minor adjustments or more importantly take advantage of the texture created by quilting.
You can see here that while I've stayed fairly organic .. ie stayed with nature colors in the paint, the thread and pattern plays up the minor differences in color strand to strand.

No comments: