Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quilt Patterns on 'Lenny'

When I'm quilting another persons painted piece,I ask for a photo of the original image (when one exists) so I have even a stronger feeling of in this case the skin texture. When I make a quilt line choices, I'm looking to create the feel of the creature... not always exactly the same texture. This guy had a variety of textures giving me liberty to vary quilting patterns. Working largely from the center of the creature outward... some figure 8 circular motion took advantage of the circular textured ink rubbing on the fabric. Thread color choices relate to colorization on original photo.
Variegated green thread worked well in other areas.
Some areas on the real Lenny had such tiny texture, it wouldn't have been effective to try to recreate with thread.
We'll capture wood patterns and background next.

1 comment:

Pat Merkle said...

Just beautiful quilting!