Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hard To Believe

Those that have taken my classes know I have a drawing of a lion head profile used for student work.  Well this chinese master silk thread painting by hand takes the cake for certain.  This piece is nothing short of breathtaking.  A small work like this can take several months to complete by the most talented master. Large pieces can take years.   The threads used are the finest/thinnest  of silks appearing on the surface as if they are the real deal. Each is an original. This is one of what will be only 40 editions.

Look at this unbelievable detail...
One was already in progress in China when I ordered my one of forty and should arrive at my door within 2 months.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

I've seen pieces like this and the workmanship is AMAZING!!!! Thanks for posting so others can see this beautiful ork.