Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'm Drawing and Painting in my MIND

I am back from Houston and doing my best to 'catch up with all that is required like banking, future contract and related commitments , unpacking rainy wet boxes of Houston Supplies now shipped home (what a mess!). I love teaching though I admit it slows my own production of work. It's just so much fun in class though that it is all worth it.

I am mentally working on a design for a future cruise project associated with a 2014 quilting cruise through the Panama Canal. Sound Fun?   This cruise by World of Quilts Travel will be co promoted by  the Road To California  show owned by Carolyn Reese. More info will be out in January 2013.  This will be ONE FUN cruise with plenty of  included quilt class time.   For weeks my brain has been reminiscing about the old  Bob Hope and Bing Crosby "ROAD" films of the 40s and 50s.  There just may be a "Road to Panama" Class on this upcoming cruise.
When I mentioned to someone at the So. Cal.  S.A.Q.A. meeting yesterday I was working on a Road to Panama piece... the question came... Is the Road BLUE?  I presume meaning a road of water... thus the canal picture above no part of which is actually in my 'brain drawing.' The water not all that blue either.  ;-)

No comments: