This surely will be interesting to quilt but thats another day. I began with a background light value slightly mottled fabric. I chose an asian theme and began placing napkin parts, mounted and unmounted stamps, rubbing plates in areas I thought might work.
Once I settled on a basic plan, I began by doing a dry brush rubbing on unmounted stamps used as rubbing plates using my favorite Tsukineko Inks
I then stamped the foam stamp on the left, followed by the addition of ink color within the kimono rubbing just shown. You'll also see now I've added a few small paper pieces of butterflies, and postage stamps. The matte medium is first 'carefully applied to the back side of the paperpiees, then placed atop/ glued to the fabric. Matte medium dries pretty quickly after which a layer of matte media can be applied atop the paper glued down earlier.
To unify things a bit, I've mixed Setacolor transparent paints (buttercup , drop of red, and brown) for a subdued orange paint I've applied here and there to the background fabric. I also used a texture plate designed for borders to place square in square images between the 2 vertical paper strips on the left.
Last thing I plan on is using a stencil and a shiva paint stik to add some background texture.