Sunday, February 23, 2014

Are You Kidding Me? Christmas???

My Wanabe Friendship Group agreed to create one Christmas block each month based on The Quilters Newsletter  FREE Web Extra Christmas Album pattern.  This just looked like too much fun and required no fabric purchase beyond maybe a background fabric.

The patterns are there for the taking.. go to

http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/issues/My_Christmas_Album

I loved the freshness of the green and white polka dots so thats my background. I have the 3 of the blocks done so far.  These are just plain fun and festive. This represents blocks for the first 3 months of 2014.  I work one month ahead so at the February meeting I can show the Mar block ( the poinsettias) and pass out the free pattern.

 Our March challenge... I followed the pattern pieces but had to play with fabric choices as the original   WEB sample fabric choices weren't working for me.  :-(
 Our February challenge
  Our January challenge







1 comment:

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

Your light bright colors are wonderful. I get so tired of the regular red/greens. This will be a fun quilt when finished!