Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Oh Baby Baby!!

A Baby Girl is scheduled to arrive early Spring... as the daughter of a young man Ray has coached in distance running. There's a nice bond between these 2 so I want to honor it the way quilters do.  I've had this fabric kit and pattern for a couple years... just waiting!   It's a "Walk in the Park"... by Quilt Soup which I'm sorry to say no longer publishes as far as I know. These fabrics were uniquely designed for this pattern.
click on photos for enlarged view

Two large fused blocks..... so cute .

There were 4 stacked fabrics on the wheels and many overlapping fabrics elsewhere.  I've done lots of fusing but this is the first time I took the time to cut out the center of each paper backed fusible material before attaching to the back of the fabric. I always thought it would take too much time. It didn't and the result is far superior when you want the quilt to be soft.  I used regular wonder under and it worked great.
I even decided I wasn't about to  hand embroider the baby faces... so I stabilized the back side, and free motion machine embroidered the stitching. Worked fine and fast!
I did mark the locations with a Frixion  pen first.. then stitched. Front and back of both babies shown below.
'Likely February before I can get it quilted... but I do like this quilt.  It was relatively fast to make too!
I got this done several days ago before the Christmas craziness began.  Much more in  all our futures I guess so I may not have much posted during the holidays. But I'll be back!!!!   Happy holidays and enjoy a 'Walk In The Park' if you can squeeze some time out.

No comments: