Thursday, April 14, 2011

One Fun Turtle Painter

Dee Dee Kelley from Southern California tackled a large under water sea turtle portrait in my Painted Quilt Art Retreat earlier this month. What you see here is a closeup of the whole image of" the guy" himself but yet to be added is the dark sea floor that will make this turtle stand out something great. Dee Dee has a good eye for detail and worked carefully to get his body and face area right on.

Dee Dee took the source photo herself and it alone was spectacular. She did give me permission to post her post retreat email text to me about how well received her painted turtle has been.

"Everyone loves my turtle. He's looking good. I don't usually share my art because I don't think it's as good as what all my professional creative friends produce for a living. So I decided to walk the streets showing it to complete strangers... so far no one has run or looked at me like I'm a crazy, not that I noticed any way. Hey what they don't know.. " Needless to say, but I will anyway.... The April 1-4 retreat group was full of plain fun people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Dee Dee.