Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ben be done!

Done quilted anyway.... I finished the left side cheek to match the right, and turned off my machine. I have a lot of stuff going on this weekend, but by first of next week will get to blocking Ben flat. It has been fun for me to see the change in stature/mood as I've worked on him off and on. In the early stages of painting in late 2008, he was plain scary. A softening of eye color completely changed his persona. He also seemed younger when I began... but ofcourse both he and I are almost 3 years older... Egads! At the finish here, to me, he is sort of a big lug... not too scary, but you know he has power if he really needs it. He definitely could benefit from a couple cucumber slices on his poor swollen looking under eye bags.
Note: (c)

Click Here to see the 2008 beginning of Ben.

1 comment:

Laura T said...

Wow - Amazing work of Ben! I went back to see the beginning - such an amazing transformation:) I'm assuming you used your home machine for the quilting?
Laura T