Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sweet Cheeks of Ben

Finally... the back of the head is pretty much quilted and I can move on to the lighter value cheek area. The photo below is the unquilted left check.

Secondly, the quilted right cheek using a variegated black,grey,silver 40 wt poly thread. This goes much faster than the back of the head pattern. It's mostly a mild elongated back and forth S curve taking advantage wherever possible of the thread value change.
Much more to do... but he's coming along.
Note : (c)


I must admit I got tired of quilting.. I have lost count of the number of monofilament bobbins I've already used. It's beyond 6. Considering a queen size bed quilt on my long arm uses 6 oversized bobbins of 40 wt thread for an entire quilt and a single monofilament bobbin holds 4 to 5 times what a bobbin of traditional thread would hold, it's no wonder I'm hearing the hmmm of my machine in my sleep. I feel better this afternoon as I took a break and cleaned 3 kitchen drawers for a sense of accomplishment and completion.

No comments: