Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sky High

Now for the real deal.... the fun part... using thread and quilting to 'hopefully' enhance the quilt top. I try to work inside out when any significant quilting is anticipated. The sky is somewhat central... so that is first up. I'm using a 40 wt. poly variegated to play with the cloud formations.
I'm trying to use the painted surface as my quilting guide, Since the painting is purposely irregular, more organic like nature.... I think using the fabric as a guide makes me keep my quilting pattern more spontaneous.

Next up we'll tackle the mighty lion which graces the front steps of the famous Art Institute of Chicago. I love that place. I often kid that Renoirs "Two Sisters" portrait is mine and I have it on loan to them. I unknowingly said that once in front of a docent there... and she let out a mighty hearty laugh. "A girl can dream, can't she?"

No comments: