Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home From Havre, Montanas Hi-Line

This is one fun and feisty group of great Montana women. The beauty of this state is underestimated. I'll show some later, BUT... the reason for this trip was special, AND unprecedented. Two full days of painting with not one single duplication of image. These are independent brave women taking on challenge even if never painting before! BRAVO!
We even had some out of state guests. I was on the move both days keeping up with this group, but stopped just long enough for a couple pics. (Sorry all... I wish I'd captured more)
Brenda(L) captured her neighbors steer, and tall Susan(R) bent over and laughing is on the way to completing an exciting graphic image I'd love to have myself.
Kemi worked from a challenging photo to successfully create an almost completed painting of her sons horse.
and Mary purposely spent her time practicing different portrait images. From Marys smile, I think she is happy with what she learned from these two plus other not shown practice pieces.
and..lastly Edna used a piece of sky dye fabric over which to represent silo and windmill images from what I believe is her farm.
I am eternally grateful to program organizer Laurie Sagerser,and hubby David for bringing me to and showing me Montana. So gracious. I missed meeting Lennie tho... dang! THANK YOU!!!!!

and... I must thank hosts Suzanne and Steve Huston for giving me great food and shelter and introducing me to their canine family of Zoey (I love that boxer sweetheart)
and energetic boxer/great dane mix "Titan" (asleep on the right)...ON MY FOOT so they could keep track of me.
I forgot to mention... I was also introduced to "Death By Chocolate Martinis" (YUM), and Hot Cider with a Fireball shot(cinnamon whiskey)... one with dinner on respective post class evenings out.. Two might have been nice but crawling home in the Montana cold would probably not! ;-0

No comments: