Saturday, February 11, 2012

THANK YOUs to students

I can't express how much fun the Road To California shows Painted Quilt Art class was. Such great people...
One of the things I like about this class is that almost everyone is doing a unique project. THAT keeps me on my toes for sure. I always say.. the teacher is the one who learns the most in classes.
We end the 2nd day with a "WALL OF FAME" exploring with our new supportive art family of sorts, what we learned, how we might move forward with finishing. Notice the photo of 2 kids and the painting of same directly above. Great job!! Our WALL of Fame was actually multiple walls as we went around the sides of the room. I apologize for not having all work shown here. My brain is not on blogging in the middle of class. Argh!!!
This is a piece (by Elodie of Sherman Oaks) I can't wait to see finished. The original photo was her own from a trip including a visit to this Greek Restaurant (original photo at bottom) . The colors of the original are fresh and the scene inviting, and Elodie is absolutely on the right track toward a gorgeous result.
Wish I'd had time for more photos... Rats.... I'm looking foraward to receiving finished project pics from students.

2 comments:

Sew We Can! said...

You Bring out the Best in People! You have a Key that unlocks skills and talents that some did not even know they had

Patt Blair said...

I could want for nothing better than to do just that. It is certainly my hope every time a class begins. THANK YOU for such nice words. patt