Friday, February 24, 2012

Other than Gloves

I'm working in fairly small, tight areas on this border, so I am using a money sorting product for finger tack... no gloves needed. I like that much better though I will use lighter weight gloves sometimes. I've been using this product (found at stationary stores) for many years before the quilter industry came up with their own product to do the same thing. This type product is cost efficient and easily found at a Staples or Office Max. I asked the bank teller the other day if its a problem to leave it open all day. It might be different in other areas of the world/ country... I don't know, but bank tellers in California seem to be able to do it. I may give up my habit of opening/closing every time I want to use it during a quilting session.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It all depends on the humidity level. In high humidity the top will sweat (similar to a cold drink) after several hours or overnight - in low humidity it will be fine.

I'm now in Arizona, working with paper all day. I just leave it open, even overnight (and use the lid for paperclips!) In the midwest, it would be damp by the afternoon. (It still worked, just rubbed it in a little more.)

The rubber fingers from the office supply stores also work great for a little traction. (Love them for handquilting - perfect for pulling the needle through!)

Chris said...

Great tip! I hate taking the gloves off and on, and getting them snagged on pins or the machine itself. Thank you.

Patt Blair said...

I love the feedback here... THANKS!!!!!

Mary Couch said...

Love this idea... no more hot hands from gloves! Thanks :-)
Hugs from Mary