Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Monthly SHARE project

Some may remember last month when I talked about rotational personal projects that move month to month within my Wanabe Quilters Friendship group. While someone else works on my project this month, I'm working on another friends plan for all of us to use up small scale scraps. The originator thought this might be a philanthropy quilt. We'll see! ... I may want to make a different philanthropy quilt to keep this. I think it may well be spectacular as well as simple. Each of the 9 units in a 6 1/2 inch block is made up of 9 varied small square 2 1/2 in squares snowballed at 2 opposite corners with 1 1/2 squares.
Nine snowballed units will make up the block. (excess underneath snowball and base square fabric trimmed away)
A sewn together block reveals an interesting slanted 6 point star.
As other blocks go together one with another 6 pointed stars will fill the entire quilt.

I've made several of 9 unit blocks but have cut plenty for the next couple sewers to use. Not everyone has small scale prints. I'm reminded here of a box label quilter Melody Johnson has (wowmelody.com) ... IT is a box labeled ( pieces too small to save ). Ofcourse it is full!

No comments: