Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Perfect Timing!!!

I  had a GREAT WEEK last week... working in the judging room at Road, setting up our incredible Route 66 exhibit, doing a bit of shopping ( actually alot) and, taking a couple classes  'CUZ I COULD!!!! .

A day with Linda Taylor .. great fun!!! We played with new meanders and fillers ('think she calls this class "beyond stippling") for intermediate / advanced students...  I'm definitely NOT the advanced student on the long arm.   ... Lots to learn, but  FUN! FUN! Linda was great!! Here's a mere practice star designed to play with lots of things in one small spot.  Click on photo for closeup view.. but no laughing allowed... It's a PRACTICE and play piece!




Then a play day with Cindy Needham just cause I love her and didn't have to do more with my exhibit... This was a class strictly about designing and marking a linen quilt top. I had a ball.... but noticed a slight problem at the end of the day.  This quote is MOST applicable.


Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused!"
I beautifully marked the BACK side of the linen.  I AM SOOOOOOOO amused!!!


Happy Quilting all...

No comments: