Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hanging One On!!!!

Well... not really! Yesterday I spent in the mountains watching the Rose Parade (beautiful as always), and working on future contracts, etc. I only have 2 things left to do on my Fox...
add a sleeve, and a label so here goes with the sleeve.
My sleeve originates from a piece of fabric cut the width of the quilt and 9" wide.
1.I begin by ironing the piece flat then doubling the outer 'side' edges and machine stitching them down.
2. Next, I find the lengthwise horizontal center and wrong sides together iron the lengthwise folded edges where the raw edges have met at the center horizontal line.
3. Still wrong sides together, sew a 1/4" seam along the 2 lengthwise raw edges that met at the horizontal center.
4. Flip the tube over to where the raw edge seam faces the finished back of the quilt.
5. Noticing that the exposed side of the semi flat'tube' is larger than the back side is good. We want to retain the ironed folded edges from step 2 as our hand stitched lines. Pin the sleeve in place 1/2 inch from the top edge, and hand stitch top, bottom edge sides, and lower folded edge.

No comments: