Monday, November 1, 2010

Into a different 'litter' box

Okay, so this isn't my norm... but it's just fun. Shown here are the first 6 of 13 or 14 block kits I've purchased. The patterns are from storyquilts.com. They are part of a series called Garden Patch Cats by Helene Knott. I've never met Helene, but I know she has a great sense of humor by looking at her adorable patterns.
And... the pattern was kitted with laser cut, pre fuse-backed fabric. The kits of fabric and pattern came from Quilters Paradise in Escondido California. The block background fabric is mine. These are plain fun... and really fast.First up detail is Mush-Kit ..... a kitty shaped like a mushroom.Each pattern comes with a recipe using the ingredient in the kitty name.... obviously this one including mushrooms.
I particularly like the "Stalker" as in Celery. I know cats that fit this name, don't you?
How does "Eggplant Purrmesan" sound?
Ofcourse, there is also "Avocato"
I seem to recall this is "walla walla kitty".. named for the sweet onion.
Then there is Brocco-kitty. Yes.. he does look like broccoli!
I do need to add a highlight to these kitty eyes.... and have yet to blanket stitch around them. I best do that before I fuse any more blocks/kits.

No comments: