Monday, November 22, 2010

Planning the finish on "Let's Talk"

While I don't do alot of traditional quilts, when I do as in this group gift for a friend project, I seldom follow the pattern exactly. The original pattern for this quilt included plain fabric strips joining the otherwise fun blocks. Since the blocks already had a feeling of fun and whimsy, I wanted to keep that feeling going..... I made 16 half square triangled 2 1/2" pinwheel blocks as cornertones of sashing.... then auditioned fabrics for sashing strips...
The recipient loves greens, golds, and browns.... thus the gold and greens in the audition. The gold background looked a bit warm for this otherwise light and fresh project.... so I settled on a white and green sashing to keep it fresh looking.
So.. I go to sew all day.. Yeah! Tucked away in my warm and cozy mountain sewing room, I got busy! I was not alone, however!
A quilter's best friend was nearby with evidence contained in my scraps waste can .

Life and chocolate are GOOD!

No comments: