Friday, November 5, 2010

Starting a "Fall" Adventure

I have 3 weeks to start and finish a traveling exhibit piece on the Fall season. Usually, my traveling exhibit pieces are BIG as well as tongue in cheek attempts at everyday humor. I'm nostalgic about Fall however and my mountain home is exploding with color. Not long ago, I photographed a beautiful Scrub Jay just outside my dining room window. Now too, with all the leaves beginning to turn golden, brown and rust orange, I wanted to combine the 2 into a small piece representing the Fall season. So here goes... First the original contour drawing was created on 11 x 17 paper.... then enlarged at my local print shop to 150% ( about 17" x 25" a size nice enough for the subject and doable over the next 3 weeks as I likewise fold in holiday shopping, and Thanksgiving).
Fabric over the drawing, and let's get started using my favorite media of pigment inks. ( the fabric really is WHITE!)
Looking okay so far..

No comments: