Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Cooking Class

I took a slight break from quilting. This was my Christian duty ( are you buying it?). I bought a cooking class at a Food Bank Fundraiser, so I spent Saturday at the Kitchen Shop in Glendora California.... prepping for and tasting a spectacular prime rib dinner. Getting ready for the holidays.
First a fresh bleu cheese dressing on an iceberg wedge. For this I learned it is important to test iceberg heads for firmness. Firm is good!
Then I learned how important it is to find a good butcher that will cut,trim, and tie your rib roast of not more than about 4 ribs / 4 pounds. Bigger roasts are hard to get rare, med rare, and well cuts all in one roast.
Is this not a beauty?
Nice way to spend a Saturday.... dining with a glass of great red wine.

No comments: