Monday, January 24, 2011

Traditional Beauty at Road To California

I realize MOST pictures I took are of quilting close-ups of enormously sized and beautiful quilts. This first one though is not so very big. What would be your guess about size? (You may click or double click on photos for detail.)
This beauty is not much larger than 12 inches square and done by the infamous Mildred Sorrells. Look how gorgeous this is not to have a 1st place ribbon in the miniature category. Her micro stipple is so small I can't see the pattern without putting my nose in the photo.

I loved the adorable group quilt shown here. How fun.
Now to showcase a beautiful quilt by award winning Arizona artist Terry Doyle. Again... this shows you how competitive a show this was. This quilt is gorgeous and just shy of a ribbon

The quilting level at this years competition was off the charts, and I found myself doing closeups of work. This is an outer border of the quilt center shown below it.


Both of these closeups are from quilts by Gina Perkes of Arizona.... First the golden urns in her Judges Choice Quilt.
Look at the dragonfly detail in another of Gina's quilts.

I could go on and on....There are so many of this high caliber. This show has definitely arrived!!!!

No comments: