Monday, March 19, 2012

Home To Being Snowed Off Our Mountain

What strange weather patterns we are having. Finally home from Port Arthur and Beaumont, Texas with great memories. 2 days of travel, 2 lectures, 2 classes, MUCH visiting, and resulting great artwork by students.
Was a bit like visiting my roots of Oklahoma. First day of travel from Houston Airport to Beaumont found me at a roadside cafe for a late lunch. There I was seated by Elrena Fontenot , a maybe 80 something BEAUTIFUL woman I swear must be a an unknown distant relative. She made me so comfortable, sounded so much like my Okie family speaks, that she brought me to happy tears. So... we took one picture but the camera was set on closeup so enjoy the blur... I bet you can see her great spirit through the fuzzy image.
Eldrena MADE MY DAY!
Thought you might also enjoy this little " Think You Can Speak Southern Test " I came across on this trip...
Match the correct numbered phrase to the alpha labeled phrase
1. As easy as sliding off a greasy log backward
2. Be like the old lady that fell out of the wagon.
3. Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then
4. Go to bed with the chickens
5. Too big for one's britches.

A. Mind your own business
B. Go to bed early
C. It's really really easy
D. Eventually everyone gets lucky
E. Too cool for school

Kind of fun..... ;-)

Answers (1c 2a 3d 4b 5e )

No comments: