Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh..Baby Baby "The Wild Life" by Hoffman of California

Here's the story... You're in a shop, see a really cute panel and think, I could quilt that up in no time. So home from a Montana trip I came with this piece perfect for a gift. What I didn't consider when purchasing is that every single image is so different and unless I was just doing a stitch in the ditch look, I had some mental and physical quilting time ahead of me. But this was fun.... I did chose a variegated cool medium to light blue thread for the center of the quilt.
I purposely stayed off the printed black lines that outline every image. It dispersed the quilting a bit within each block too.
There are too many cute images to show.I liked this zebra.
I switched to a smoke monofilament for the all around alphabet border. I just didn't want to see any thread here.
I photographed this with the selvage still on in case this looked like something you'd like. The panel came from The Quilting Hen... a full service web store in Carter, Montana. Click here to go to www.quiltinghen.com
Now to bind!!!!

No comments: