Hope this is somewhat helpful :
As to OTHER PRODUCTS you might like to try... I've included a photo showing the following left to right..
- I have played with Acrylic Inks by FW, and Dr Martins Bombay Pigmented India Ink
- I haven't played with Speedball inks but would give those a try.(not shown in photo)
- I've played a wee bit with Dupont Inks though I'm not clear there is a wide range of colors... I've seen these on silk where color/value was fantastic.
- I know some who really like INKtense by Derwent .. though they apply differently beginning as a watersoluble pencil
- Airbrush inks like Creatix,,, I believe there are many transparent airbrush inks that might be winners
- Some like Jacquard DyeNaFlow
- Golden Airbrush Colors
- Golden Acrylic "Fluid"
- I often use Pebeo (thinned w water) Setacolor Transparent paint ... usually for "wash" or "glaze" like efforts rather than detail. Have attached a photo as reference
In markers, I sometimes use a pigment ink pen (when I can find) ZIG