Sunday, December 15, 2013

Moving Out from the Sun

The surrounding swirling lines seem to stand for themselves so I didn't choose to densely quilt them and in fact, I will just free motion outline the dark swirls.
This admittedly called for several starts and stops but I think it will work out well this way.  I've chosen NOT to quilt in the lighter lavender/purple area between the midnight blue lines.  Because this is a smaller quilt, I seem to be able to get away with a less that consistent density of quilting throughout the quilt top.
The light blue circular area that surrounds the entire center medallion didn't call for attention so a simple meandered fire-like fill seemed to work fine.


Moving outward from here, it's decision time.  How to treat the flared areas at the quilt tops edge.  When stitch patterns are not immediately/intuitively obvious, I sleep on it.. and so I will.  I think I know what I want, but I'll know better with a fresh brain and eyes.  Sometimes you must stop and rest the brain and eyeballs.

No comments: